Blindfold and Alawar Premium have launched an open beta for their upcoming top-down Battle Royale shooter, Watchers.
Set in an idealistic ’50s era American neighborhood, the main gimmick of Watchers is that you aren’t out of the game just because you were eliminated. Instead, you’ll get a chance to bet on the remaining contestants and cause mayhem within the battle to help or hinder your favorite contender. You can check out a trailer above.
The beta will last until August 4th. You can learn more about the beta, and how to play it immediately, on the game’s official website.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
WATCHERS is a free-to-play Battle Royale top-down shooter where killed battlers remain in play thanks to the game’s unique Watcher game mode.
- A special mode that players enter after being killed.
- Bet on your favorite surviving battler.
- Influence the battle using anomalies and experiments.
- 24-player top-down Battle Royale action.
- Classic thrilling Battle Royale gameplay.
- An unpredictable outcome: the fewer battlers survive, the more Watchers there are to plan and carry out all sorts of experiments that can turn the tide of the battle.
- The Watchers are watching your every move! Earn their favor, and they might just help you out when you’re in a tight spot!