Fortnite upgrade 9.20 is now available for PlayStation 4, PC and Xbox One players. According to the official Fortnite update 9.20 patch notes, the new update comes with new characteristics in the Battle Royale and Save the World. Aside from that, Fortnite version 9.20 also includes stability and performance improvements.
Formerly, Fortnite upgrade 9.10 was launched with new limited time mode, bug fixes and more. Regrettably, since the previous patch, a few players being unable to accumulate coins or use items in the Downtown Drop LTM. Today’s Fortnite variant 9.20 is expected to address some of these difficulties. Check out information below.
Fortnite Update 9.20 Patch Notes
Power of the storm in the palm of your hands!
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Storm Flip
- Thrown item that explodes on impact and creates a sphere-shaped zone.
- Where the sphere overlaps the storm, it will create a safe zone.
- Where the sphere overlaps a safe zone, it will create a storm zone.
- The Storm Flip deals the same damage as the current storm.
- The zone lasts for 20 seconds before dissipating.
- Available in Epic Rarity.
- Can be found from Floor Loot, Chests, and Vending Machines.
- Drops in stacks of 1.
- Max stack of 1.
- Hunting Rifle all variants
- While we value the variety of longer range sniping options, the Hunting Rifle has become somewhat outclassed by the Infantry Rifle after it was changed to hitscan. In addition, there are a few Sniper Rifle options available and we feel it doesn’t currently fill a necessary role in the item lineup.
- Loot Carrier
- Reduced sniper package availability from 12.5% to 8.45%
- Reduced explosive package availability from 12.5% to 7.04%
- The chances of getting high-powered, rare items from Supply Drones was higher than felt appropriate, so we’ve reduced their availability slightly
- Mounted turret
- Overheat now takes 20% longer.
- The Mounted Turret’s usage has decreased over time. By slightly increasing time before Overheat, the goal is to help increase its risk/reward.
- Increased max charge time on Boom Bow from 1s to 1.25s
- The Boom Bow is a bit stronger than we’d like. This adjustment should reduce frequency between shots, making misses riskier. We’d like to evaluate the impact of this change before making any additional adjustments, and it’s possible that more tweaks will be necessary if this doesn’t have the desired effect.
- The Slipstream’s audio, pink ring, and spinning blades turn off when disabled during the fifth phase of the Storm.
- Players revived from a Reboot Van will lose invulnerability upon shooting or building.
- Air Vents are now more forgiving in order to prevent fall damage when players jump on them from high places.
- Fixed an issue in which weapons that previously had no ammo would be unable to be automatically reloaded.
- Fixed an issue where players would take fall damage after exiting a Baller quickly rolling downhill.
- Aim assist can no longer be used to fire at players using a Shadow Bomb.
- Fixed an issue where players could damage teammates who were disconnected from the match.
- Fixed an issue where the Flying Disc Toy would get caught on Ballers in mid-air.
- Fixed an issue where Slipstream audio and visual FX would continue to occur after the player exits.
- Fixed an issue where Air Vents’ sound and visual effects occurred more than once.
- Fixed an issue in which Driftboards were unable to exit Slipstreams.
- Exiting a vehicle that had entered a Slipstream no longer causes players to skydive.
- Vending Machines no longer become unusable when a player using one gets eliminated.
- The Flint-Knock Pistol is now consistently able to knock targets and the shooter the correct distance.
- Dynamite audio no longer gets stuck on a loop during replays.
- The lava bounce visual effect no longer persists if a Baller bounces from lava to water.
LIMITED TIME MODE ROTATION:
Treasure chest contain Epic or better weapons as well as the occasional Infinity Blade! Fight your opponents to find out who is worthy of the Blade… and who is not.
- Auto Swap Material option was removed and is always on.
- Removing the option allowed us to optimize Auto-Swap behavior, primarily reducing rare cases in which materials did not swap properly.
- Increased duration for how long elimination credit can be granted to the last damager.
- Fall damage from 15s to 60s
- Self-elimination from 15s to 60s
- Storm elimination from 5s to 60s
- Added support for foot controller devices to the Accessibility options.
- Adjusted Invert Aircraft Controls setting info to better describe the option.
- Gamepad custom build controls now consistently allow players to turbo build when using the ‘Place’ action while simultaneously having the ‘Stair,’ ‘Wall,’ ‘Roof,’ or ‘Floor’ action bound.
- Players outside closed enemy structures can no longer build inside them.
- Fixed an issue in which the destruction of a building could be interrupted by reconnecting it to its base.
- Fixed an issue in which players would hang in the air if they disconnected during the bus drop phase.
- Certain Fortbytes requiring a specific cosmetic item now correctly unlock for players who have it equipped.
Updated reload sounds for weapons to be mono instead of stereo. This will help with spatialization improvements for weapon swap sounds.
- The storm damage sound effect no longer ends prematurely.
We’ve noticed iOS patches have experienced delays appearing in the App Store recently. Apple has stated that any application can take up to 24 hours to appear in the App Store. If no update is available, be sure to check our social channels for more info.
- Introducing Quick Heal
- Allows for Shield and Health consumables to be used more easily.
- When health or shields are below 100 (max) – the quick heal button will display on screen.
- Separate button that needs to be added manually from the HUD Layout Tool.
- Button Icon displays the current priority items from the player’s inventory
- Priority 1 – Chug Jug over all other healing items
- Priority 2 – Health over Shield items
- Priority 3 – MedKit over Bandages.
- Priority 4 – If shields are below 50, Small Shields
- Priority 5 – If shields are greater or equal to 50, Shield Potions
- Allows for Shield and Health consumables to be used more easily.
- Added an “X” (Exit) button to close several screens where the “Close” button was too small.
- Players will now get an error message if they try to update the game but have insufficient storage space.
- Fixed an issue where outfits wouldn’t be displayed properly after logging out and back in.
- Aim assist and Auto fire can no longer be used to fire at players using a Shadow Bomb
- Fixed an issue for Android players encountering an error when trying to watch live matches.
- Fixed an issue with doors and ziplines being interactable from long distances.
- Centered Events and Challenges screens on devices with a 4:3 display.
- Fixed an issue with the Combat/Build Mode button bringing players back into combat mode mid-animation.
- Fixed an issue where the names of an eliminated team remained under the spectated player.
- Controller blueprint appears correctly when viewed with devices with a wider screen.