Our MapleStory 2 Fishing guide will teach you all you need to get MapleStory 2 Fishing Mastery.
The game is filled with things to do and among the most fun is fishing. On the way you are able to start fishing in MapleStory 13, let’s get started. Is a fishing pole.
MapleStory 2 Fishing Guide: Getting the Fishing Rod
The first thing you need you to do before you can start fishing is getting a fishing rod. You can get one by progressing in the story or by purchasing it off a Fishing Supplies Dealers in Tria or Evansville.
After that it’s fairly simple, just find some water and double click on it after equipping the fishing rod. You can then use use the keyboard keys to plot where you want to throw the bait and then finally pressing the spacebar casts your rod.
When a fish bites your bait you will need to keep tabbing the spacebar so the fish stays in the highlighted area till the meter fills up. If successful you’ll have caught the fish.
If you don’t like doing things manually, you can choose to fish automatically by paying merits or coupons.
MapleStory 2 Fishing Guide: Fishing Locations
Finding places to fish is fairly simple, you just need to find ample pools of water. Other than that you can fish in lava, venom and oil too. Some dungeons too have special fish that you can’t get anywhere else so you should definitely be casting you rod any and everywhere you can.
MapleStory 2 Fishing Guide: Fishing Mastery
Fishing Master regulates what fishes and items players can get. Below is the full tier of Fishing Master levels:
|Fishing Mastery Level||Fishing Mastery Value|
MapleStory 2 Fishing Guide: Getting Fishing Master Points
Getting Fishing Master Points are gained by catching a fish you haven’t caught before. The number of points gained vary by the fish’s rank. The points you will get are:
- Normal: 2 Points
- Rare: 4 Points
- Exceptional: 6 Points
- Epic: 8 Points
Points are also gained by fishing in areas that match you current Fishing Master level. Whenever your level goes up the amount of fish you need to catch goes up by 2, so its better to to fish in high rank areas.
Prize Fishes are also useful as they get you points equal to what you would get catching a fish for the first time.
Below is the number of points you can get by catching new fish divided by level:
|Fishing Mastery Level||Total Points|
Since there are 1,000 total points to get, players will need to get 398 more points after getting all the fishes for the first time.
MapleStory 2 Fishing Guide: Unknown Fish Locations
You can find locations to every single fish here.
Below are the fishes with unknown locations.
List of fish with Unknown locations:
• Pineapple Fish: Found in the ocean around Harang Island
• Star Candy Crab: Found in the ocean around Harang Island
• Broccoturtle: Found in the Turtcoli Cave sub-map in the Royal Road Plaza map. Entrance is next to the ladder east of the binoculars.
• Horse Mackerel: Found in the water in the Victoria Runway sub-map in the Tria map
• Black Drum: Found in the water in the Victoria Runway sub-map in the Tria map
• Tiger Prawn: Found in the water in the Victoria Runway sub-map in the Tria map
• Toxic Flounder: Found in the Development Lab sub-map in the Goldus Pharmaceuticals map
• Sorrowfish: Found in the Development Lab sub-map in the Goldus Pharmaceuticals map
• Machodile: Found in the Van Corta dungeon
• Seahorus: Found in the Horus’s Nest dungeon, the second map after you enter
Master ranked fish with Unknown locations:
• Masked Parexus: Found in the Blueshade Cave dungeon
• Treelacanth: Found in the Ludible Time Hall dungeon inside the Primeval Jungle/Past Henesys sub-maps
• Pyromander: Found in The Fire Dragon hard dungeon
• Golden Koi: Found in the Ludible Time Hall dungeon inside the Primeval Jungle/Past Henesys sub-maps
• Footballfish: Found in the unreleased Chaos Morc raid
• Vilequill: Found in the Temple of Immortals hard dungeon
Did the guide help you? Was anything mentioned inaccurate? Let us know in the comments.