Nintendo is satisfied to report today that Switch proprietors can begin profiting the Online assistance that Nintendo guaranteed a while back on September 18.
At the point when the administration dispatches one week from now, Switch proprietors can pursue a 7-Day free preliminary through the Nintendo eShop. More data about the administration will be uncovered during the Nintendo Direct on September 13, which is tomorrow!
As a recap to the individuals who are curious about the Switch online assistance, this is what the administration involves:
- Online Play: Battle it out or cooperate with players around the world in compatible games like Splatoon 2, ARMS, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Mario Tennis Aces, and Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido. (This will remain free until September.)
- Nintendo Entertainment System – Nintendo Switch Online: Enjoy 20 NES games with added online play for the first time ever, and more games added regularly. With online play added to every classic game, you can compete (or cooperate) online with friends, share your screen, or pass the controller, depending on the game. With the Nintendo Switch Online smartphone app, you can also voice chat during your play sessions. The service will launch with 20 games, with new games added regularly. Launch titles include:
- Balloon Fight
- Donkey Kong
- Dr. Mario
- Ice Climber
- The Legend of Zelda
- Mario Bros.
- Super Mario Bros.
- Super Mario Bros. 3
- 10 additional titles
- Save Data Cloud Backup: Save your data online for easy access. Details about this feature will be available before the paid service launches in September.
- Nintendo Switch Online App: Enhance your online experience for compatible games with this smartphone app.
- Special Offers: Stay tuned for news on special deals and offers for members.
■ Pricing Plans
- Individual Membership
- 1 Month: $3.99 USD / €3.99 / 300 yen
- 3 Months: $7.99 USD / €7.99 / 800 yen
- 12 Months: $19.99 USD / €19.99 / 2,400 yen
- Family Membership
- 12 Months: $34.99 / €34.99 / 4,500 yen
How do I purchase a membership for Nintendo Switch Online?
After the September 2018 launch, Nintendo Switch Online memberships will be available for purchase on Nintendo.com, in Nintendo eShop on your Nintendo Switch system, and through select retailers.
Which games require a Nintendo Switch Online membership to access online play?
Nintendo Switch games such Splatoon 2, ARMS, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Mario Tennis Aces, and Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido, will require a Nintendo Switch Online membership, but other games will vary.
How can I tell if a game requires a Nintendo Switch Online membership for online play?
We will share information on this topic at a later date.
What pricing plans are available?
There are individual memberships and family memberships (for up to 8 users). Individual memberships are available in 1-, 3-, and 12-month increments, while all family memberships are for 12 months.
If I own multiple Nintendo Switch systems, will I need a separate membership for each one?
No. Nintendo Switch Online can be used on any device by signing in with the Nintendo Account that purchased the membership.
If someone buys an individual membership, can other users on the same Nintendo Switch system use that Nintendo Switch Online membership?
Individual memberships can only be used by the Nintendo Account holder who purchased the membership.
However, you can share the Nintendo Switch Online features across all the Nintendo Accounts in a family group by purchasing a family membership.
How do I create a family group?
Starting May 15, 2018, it will be possible to create a Nintendo Account Family Group via your Nintendo Account settings. Up to eight Nintendo Accounts (including child accounts) can be linked as a family group.
Can child accounts be added to a family group and use a family membership for Nintendo Switch Online?
Yes. Any Nintendo Accounts associated with the family membership can use the service features. Parents may use Nintendo Switch Parental Controls to set restrictions for online play; restrictions for the Nintendo Online Service app can be managed with your smartphone’s parental control restriction settings.
Where can I find Parental Controls in my Nintendo Account settings?
Once logged into your Nintendo Account, click on Parental Controls in the left navigation bar.
Is Nintendo Switch Online needed for online play for the Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family of systems?
No, this service is only for Nintendo Switch systems.
When the paid service starts in September 2018, will membership plans be charged automatically?
No, Nintendo Account holders may purchase a Nintendo Switch Online membership plan at any time after launch.
If I don’t purchase a Nintendo Switch Online membership plan, will my Nintendo Switch system have any online features?
Yes. Online features including Nintendo eShop, Friend registration and management, the sharing of screenshots over social networks, Nintendo Switch Parental Controls, system and software updates, and Nintendo Switch News will not be affected by the launch of the Nintendo Switch Online paid service.
How do I set up and use Save Data Cloud backup?
More details will be released soon.