Battlefield V Chapter 4 Update (June 24) patch notes is now available on PlayStation 4, PC and Xbox One. According to the official Battlefield 5 June update patch notes, the newest patch adds content for Tides of the Armory and War, as well as several quality-of-life developments and bug fixes. Apart from this, the newest Battlefield 5 Chapter 4 June Update also includes tweaks for vehicles, weapons, and soldier behaviour and more. Formerly, a big upgrade was released with a very long list of bug fixes and gameplay changes.
Battlefield V Chapter 4 Update (June 24) Patch Notes
- Airplane engine sounds no longer play repeatedly during flybys.
- Fixed an issue where the Churchill Crocodile turret could be disabled and was unable to be repaired.
- The FlaK 38 no longer scores points from glancing blows against an unmanned Sd.kfz 251.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to spot enemies with stationary weapons.
- Added the new cooking destruction animation to the Churchill Crocodile reinforcement tank.
- Squad leaders are now able to give squad orders while in the bottom gunner seat in the JU-88 C as well as the flamethrower/front gunner seat in the Churchill Crocodile.
- Fixed an issue with the visual dust effect on some moving tanks.
- The Pak40 and QF 6-pounder anti-tank stationary weapons will no longer automatically reload while the player is in zoomed mode.
WEAPON, GADGET, AND SPECIALIZATION FIXES
- Changed the Boys AT rifle magazine to contain five (plus one) bullets.
- A Boys AT rifle with a medium range scope now correctly shows scope glint.
- Bipods now deploy and undeploy with better response. Previously, the game checked whether the bipod should deploy or undeploy every 0.3 seconds. That is now every 0.1 seconds.
Medical and Ammo Crates
- Players that have selected the Medical Crate or the Ammo Crate can now be seen holding it in one hand when viewed in third person.
- Adjusted the Medical Crate’s healing radius to four meters when deployed and carried.
- The Medical Crate owner is now awarded healing score when the crate’s aura heals friendly players.
- When deployed or selected, the Ammo Crate now also resupplies your teammates’ primary and secondary ammo within a four-meter radius. It also gives score for it, similar to the Medical Crate.
- The Ammo Crate owner earns resupply score when the crate’s aura resupplies friendly players.
- Ammo and Medical Crates now collide with vehicles. This means the crates can be placed on top of vehicles and will remain in place when driving around (in other words: the heal-mobile has returned)!
- Explosion delay after activation has been increased to one second from 0.7 second.
- Activation radius has been increased by 20%.
- Blast radius size has been increased to seven meters from six meters to align with activation delay.
- Max damage in blast radius has been increased to 1.5 meters from one meter to align with activation delay.
- The explosion blast now occurs within an upwards facing half sphere that spawns 0.8 meters above the ground instead of a full radius.
- Players can now avoid blast damage from the AP Mine if they manage to go prone in time. Going from sprinting to prone is less likely to allow the player to survive, as the transition is longer than a simple stand to prone transition.
- Max amount of placeable AP Mines has been reduced to two from three.
- Minimum distance between deployed AP Mines has been increased to 3.6 meters (from 0.7 meters).
- Deployed AP Mines are now unspawned one second after the player dies and moves to the spawn screen or parrot cam.
- Moving while prone or crouched (but not crouch-sprinting) will no longer trigger the AP Mine in some scenarios.
- One-shot-kill radius against infantry has been reduced to 0.25 meters.
- Splash damage now deals a minimum of 55 damage against infantry up to three meters.
Rifle Grenade Launcher
- Maximum blast damage reduced to 80 from 100.
- Blast radius increased to five meters from four meters.
- Quick-thinking players can now throw back the weapon’s grenade (similar to regular Frag Grenades). Good luck with that!
- The grenade projectile is now also represented as a grenade icon on the battlefield, just like the Frag Grenade is.
AT Grenade Pistol
- The damage on impact against infantry has been lowered from 100 to 98.
Other Weapon Fixes
- The MG34 now applies skins properly on the magazine if the Double Drum Magazine Specialization is selected.
- Improved the hitbox on Incendiary Grenades to better match the visual effect.
- Fixed the missing reload animation for the Krag-Jörgensen.
- Fixed an issue where the firing of the Flare Gun would be delayed after a reload.
- Players are no longer able to enter a bleed out state when getting killed outside of the combat area.
- Battlefield 5 Chapter 4 June Update improved the behavior of exiting the gunner seat of a tank while the vehicle is upside down, reducing the risk of falling below the ground.
- Adjusted how fast the explosion detection happens when moving to another stance. This should make for a more consistent experience relative to what is happening in first person.
- Battlefield 5 Chapter 4 June Update fixed issues where the detection of explosions and incendiary damage on soldiers would be larger than the size of the soldier in multiple stances.
- Increased consistency on soldier accelerations.
- Battlefield 5 1.18 increased distance at which downed players can be notified of incoming Medics (that have confirmed that they’re en route) from 25 meters to 50 meters. 25 meters is still the max for nearby Medics.
- Players can bleed out faster in the man down state:
- Bleed out timer speed multiplier has been increased from 2.67x to 3.2x. This means players can bleed out in 2.5 seconds instead of 3.5 seconds.
- Players can hold on for longer in the man down state:
- Hold-on timer speed multiplier has been increased from 2.67x to 3.2x. This means players can hold on for 25.6 seconds instead of 21.33 seconds.
- Manual leaning can now be used in Firestorm.
MAP AND MODE FIXES
- Fixed an issue which caused the “near end of round” music to play during the entire round.
- Firestorm: Recently, the Excavation Site in the southwest mountains, previously deemed to be insignificant, has been the scene of feverish activity, and a large dome-like structure now covers the entire site. Large quantities of material and machinery continues to be transported to the site daily. Whatever is being built does not yet appear to be operational.
- Firestorm: Battlefield 5 version 1.18 fixed a bug that was causing graphical artifacts on the world geometry over longer distances while being in the airplane.
- Firestorm: Fixed a bug that would enable spotting right after jumping out of an airplane.
- Firestorm: Player-selected weapon skins are now applied to weapons found.
- Firestorm: The Commando Carbine, VGO, and Lahti-Saloranta M/26 can now be found on Halvøy.
- Firestorm: Ammo and health interaction icons at a distance have been added.
- Squad Conquest on Fjell 652: Removed spawn points that were placed out of the combat area.
- Squad Conquest on Fjell 652: Made the ladder on the British side indestructible.
- Arras: A bunch of stationary MGs were unintentionally pre-built. This has been fixed.
- Frontlines/Airborne/Rush: Arming and disarming the objectives correctly plays the animation again.
- Frontlines/Airborne/Rush: BFV update 1.18 removed the falsely applied input restrictions while arming and disarming. This means the player can change stances while arming and disarming the bomb.
- Frontlines/Airborne/Rush: Removed the fire barrels from the Mcom objectives. (Yeah, those weren’t cleverly placed.)
- Frontlines/Rush: Adjusted the arm and disarm times so they reflect the settings from Battlefield™ 3.
- Decreased the arm time from four seconds to 2.5 seconds.
- Set the disarm time to five seconds. Previously, the length varied between five and ten seconds.
- Frontlines/Rush: Adjusted the bomb fuse times so they reflect the settings from Battlefield 3.
- Decreased the fuse time from 30 seconds to 25 seconds.
- Frontlines/Rush: Adjusted the arm and disarm interaction radius to be appropriate for the objective size (big radius for the artillery cannon, small radius for the Mcom). This means the player can’t arm or disarm the Mcom from eight meters away anymore.
- Rush: Removed the artillery call-in interactions for defenders from the Rush objectives, since artillery reinforcements are now present.
- Team Deathmatch: Rebuilt the layout on Aerodrome, Devastation, and Fjell 652.
- Team Deathmatch: Rebuilt the size of the layout on Narvik.
- Frontlines: Changed the “locked objective” design a bit. It now shows the next flag immediately but with a lock icon above it that goes away when it’s available for capture.
- Frontlines: Changed the flag capture times to promote more combat and less running and made them all more similar.
- Three-flag layout – Flag capture time increased from 60 seconds to 75 seconds.
- Five-flag layout – Flag capture time increased from 45 seconds to 60 seconds.
- Seven-flag layout – Flag capture time increased from 30 seconds to 50 seconds.
- Frontlines: The game mode timer doesn’t pause and un-pause during the round anymore.