Thomas Happ Games is satisfied to declare today that Axiom Verge 2, a much-anticipated spin-off, will be coming to Nintendo Switch at some point in late 2020, with different stages to be reported sometime in the not too distant future.
Here’s an outline of the game, by means of its official site:
Decades later… or is it hundreds of years sooner?
You may have played Axiom Verge, or heard it referenced as a benchmark for independent “metroidvania” undertakings. Saying Verge 2 is a piece of a similar story as Axiom Verge 1 yet is a totally new game: new characters, new powers, new foes, and another world. You can play it previously or after the first.
Meet Indra, the strange extremely rich person behind the overall Globe 3 aggregate. What is this world she’s found? Who are the voices that appear to call her?
Saying Verge 2 is coming in late 2020 for Nintendo Switch. Stay tuned to find out about extra stages!
Not Just Another World
Stowing away in a payload lift in Antarctica is the thing that has all the earmarks of being an antiquated, substitute Earth, total with mountains, lakes, deserts, and the remains of a human advancement. Be that as it may, you get the inclination that something different is prowling simply past the edges of the real world, holding on to pull you in.
- Climb your way across a variety of terrains.
- Exploit enemies through hacking.
- Venture off with your remote drone.
Items and Enemies
You may think you already know the world of Axiom Verge. Think again.
- Urns – If you break open one of these you’ll gain new powers and abilities from the entities trapped inside. But at what cost?
- Compass – This lapis lazuli pendant sparkles with light. As you draw nearer to an urn, the light coalesces to point in its general direction.
- Drones – These mechanical foes attack you on sight. But like anything with a computer at its core, they can be hacked, each for varying effects.
- Save Shrines – Every time you stop at one of these, a tiny piece of you is left behind. This allows you to be reborn if you take too much damage to continue.
…And Something Else
You sense there is a bigger secret to this world. What could it be?
Check out the Axiom Verge 2 announcement trailer below: