Battlestate games announced that they’ll be releasing a new patch for their popular tactical FPS Escape from Tarkov. All of us beleived it will take weeks or maybe months before the changes go live. In an unprecedented turn of events Battlestate published the patch today! Following a 3 hour maintenance players could get into the patch. There’s some trouble starting the match with launcher mistakes. This is to be expected after every significant patch release. IT should all clear up over one hour or so. Here are the main things you may expect in Tarkov 12.4 patch.
Tarkov 12.4 patch major changes
There is no map that is fresh and although this isn’t a major version update, this remains a patch that introduces changes that are significant. Among the most important things is that there are new exfils now. Whether that is for just a couple of or all maps remains following the game goes live, to be viewed. A new endurance system is where your upper and lower body have distinct stamina bars. We will see how big of an effect this will have. It is expected that it will lower gun and run gameplay somewhat. Customization is finally happening for your own character. It has been a long asked for feature by the lovers. The change is the flea market won’t be available for players lower. Here is a full list of changes:
Tarkov 12.4 official patch notes
- Interchange location has been reworked
- Interchange location lighting has been updated
- New interactive objects, new location exfils
- New mechanics, overweight. The character receives various debuffs while carrying a certain amount of weight (increased equipment noise, movement speed limits, increased stamina consumption, etc.)
- Fatigue effect debuff has been added, which appears if the character keeps the stamina at a low level for a long time. Energy consumption increases with this effect. Now The character’s stamina indicator is divided into arms and legs. The arm’s stamina is consumed when aiming, throwing grenades and fighting with melee weapons. The legs stamina is consumed during sprinting, jumping, changing body positions, etc. Also, the legs stamina starts to drain when the hand’s stamina drops to zero.
- The “trading “flea market”, “inventory” buttons have been added to the bottom panel of the interface for quick access.
- New hand grenades based on the VOG-17 and VOG-25 prototypes.
- The resolution of your screen is automatically determined and applied as standard settings, at the first start of the game.
- New weapon mods
- New sets of character customization and equipment
- New BEAR top called “Telnik”
- New BEAR pants called “Tiger”
- New USEC top called “TIER2”
- New USEC pants called “Commando”
- New SCAV top “Olimpic shirt Russia”
- New body armor, tactical vests, backpack, helmet, active headset
- Grenade case
- New barter loot and new trading schemas requiring this loot
- New hideout crafting schemas
- New quests with new outfits as a reward
- Stimulants parameters have been adjusted, debuffs became weaker
- The weight of various items has been adjusted
- The flea market is now available from the 15th PMC lvl (was lvl 5)
- Small reflex sights marks were downscaled (aimpoint, romeo, trijicon)
- Accuracy values in weapon characteristics are now displayed in Minutes Of Angle
- We added a weapon name to the standard weapon presets, which they relate to
Unofficial EFT 12.4 patch notes
There are many very interesting changes and new things in the game that were not detailed in official patch notes. We will run a list of those changes here as well. We will try and keep the list of unofficial 12.4 tarkov patch changes filled with only confirmed new things.
- New Red Keycard spawn on Shoreline in West Wing 203 room (you can also enter through West wing 205). It is underneath the bed, next to the night stand, on top of some newspaper.