All FFXIV 6. Job Changes: Complete Breakdown from Patch Notes
The Final Fantasy XIV next update is coming soon. The FFXIV team has released the full 6.1 Patch Notes that outline all the upcoming content. All FFXIV6.1 job changes are included. No matter if you are a tank, DPS or healer, there is much that has been changed. You’ll need to consider the changes made to jobs like Paladin, White Mage Paladin, Samurai, White Mage, Paladin, Dancer and Paladin before you jump back into action.
Naoki Yoshida (director and producer) hosted a Livestream in which Toshio Murouchi (community director) read the entire 6.1. patch notes. Yoshida, a Yoshida-san presenter, gave some insights and explained the reasons behind some of the changes made in FFXIV patch 6.1. Although it was only available in Japanese, you can still access translations via the r/FFXIV Discord.
While we wait for Patch 6.1, the game is offline. You can also check out our roundup of all things FFXIV patch 6.1 and the new mounts and minions . Also, what’s up with the Myths of the Realm Alia 24-player alliance raid.
Below are summaries that highlight the changes for each role, as well as breakdowns for each Job change in Patch 6.1.
Every tank receives a significant change in FFXIV patch 6.1. Paladin’s Blade combo now has Requiescat, instead of Confiteor. This may take some time to get used to. However, the Blade combo also has some nice healing effects. Dark Knight’s Living Dead, which grants HP restoration with attacks, has been updated to include a new effect called Undead Rebirth. Overpower is now a regular AoE and not a cone one, which may make it a joy for warriors.
- Iron Willrecast has been reduced from 10 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Clemency Holy Spirit and Holy Circleno more interrupt combos
- Requiescat now gives an additional effect, ” Blade of Faith Ready“, for a period of 30 seconds after Requiescat ends.
- Blade of Faith does not count as a combination action with Confiteor. It is now subject to Requiescat’s “Blade of Faith Ready” effect, which expires.
- Confiteor and Blade of Faith, Blade of Truth and Blade of Valor now all have an additional effect that restores HP with 400 cure power.
- Divine Magic Mastery II now adds a healing effect for Confiteor.