Crashes and bugs are no new news in the gaming industry, and NBA 2K23 is no exception, but we have found a couple of solutions you can apply to your PC or gaming console if you’re facing the same problem, and hopefully, it’ll get fixed.
Fix for NBA 2K23 Crashing, Freezing, and Other Common Errors
- Verify Integrity of NBA 2K23 Files (PC)
This method may sound a tad bizarre, but a number of players have reported that NBA 2K23 sudden crashes and freezing can be resolved by verifying the game’s file on your fix. You can verify the files by following the steps mentioned below.
- Go to the Library.
- Select NBA 2K23.
- Click the gear icon (Manage menu) on the right-hand side of your screen. Or right-click NBA 2K23 from your games list.
- Pick Local Files.
- Choose Verify integrity of game files… menu.
- Disable Steam or Discord Overlay
Another significant cause of NBA 2K23 crashing is due to other application’s very lay features, mainly by Steam and Discord overlay feature, and you can try disabling the overlay feature by following the steps mentioned below;
- Click on the Steam menu on the upper left part of the window.
- Select Settings.
- Pick the In-Game option.
- Uncheck the three checkboxes in the Steam Overlay section.
- Click OK.
- Open the Discord app.
- Open the User Settings by clicking the gear icon at the bottom-left of the window.
- Select Game Overlay in the Activity Settings from the left sidebar.
- Toggle the Enable in-game overlay option off.
- Update Your Graphics Card Driver (PC)
New games sometimes have problems with the GPU, and GPU vendors roll out updates to optimize their hardware for the game, so you can try updating your GPU drivers and solve the problem. You can update your graphics card drivers by following the steps mentioned below;
- Opening Windows Device Manager.
- Right-clicking on the Display Adapters.
- Right-clicking on the Graphics Card.
- Picking the Update Driver option.
- Restart Your Gaming Device
Nothing can beat the classic restart solution, where you need to restart your PC or gaming console, and it’ll magically resolve the problem.
- Clear Your Console Cache (Consoles)
Temporary files can kill the fun experience of any system by either making it sluggish or not functional. If you are using a console, then you should definitely try clearing your console’s cache. If you’re facing problems while playing games, you can clear your console’s cache by following the steps mentioned below;
- Please turn off your console (PlayStation/Xbox) completely; do not put it in sleep mode.
- Unplug the power cord for at least 5 minutes.
- Plug the power cord back.
- Turn on your console.
- Install and Sync Latest NBA 2K23 Updates
If the problem persists, you can try updating the game itself. According to 2 K’s help page playing a few matches in the Play Now Mode should trigger an update prompt (if there is a newer update available), but if you want to update the game manually, you can do so by following the steps mentioned below;
Xbox Series X and Xbox One:
- Open the My Games & Apps menu.
- Look for the Manage option.
- Go to Updates.
- Pick Update All.
- Check any updates by going to the Manage > Queue option.
PS5 and PS4:
- Select NBA 2K23 from the Home screen.
- Press the ‘Options’ button on your controller.
- Scroll down and select the ‘Check for Update’ option.
- Any available updates will automatically start downloading and will be installed.
- Open NBA 2K23 from the Home screen.
- Press the + button and pick the Software Update option.
- Choose Via the Internet.
- Any available updates will be downloaded.
- Click the Downloads text at the bottom of your Steam window.
- Pick NBA 2K23.
- The update will be downloaded.