A new Fallout 76 update 1.0.3 is now available for players on PC. PlayStation 4 and Xbox One users will receive Fallout 76 update 1.04 on December 18th. According to the official Fallout 76 1.04 patch notes, the latest update bring significant C.A.M.P. improvements, SPECIAL re-speccing, new screen settings for PC, and many new bug fixes into the game. Besides that, the newest Fallout 76 patch 1.04 also includes stability and performance enhancements. Download dimensions for this upgrade is around 3GB for PC and about 5GB consoles.
Previously, a huge upgrade was released with various bug fixes and adjustments. Regrettably, since the launch, players are facing a number of issues and bugs like clipping through the world, frozen cartoons, whole buildings failing to load, enemies getting stuck in walls, audio logs not playing, enemies spawning from mid-air, losing control as a result of shaky server links, and being not able to turn in quests because of unresponsive drives are just some examples.
Fallout 76 Update Patch Notes
- Performance: Several improvements have been made to in-game performance.
- Stability: The Fallout 76 game client and servers have received additional stability improvements.
- Lighting: Exposure values have been adjusted for exterior environments, allowing them to appear brighter in dark conditions.
- Loot: .308 Ammo dropped by creatures has been reduced. Players will now receive .308 Ammo in stacks of 1 – 5, rather than up to 12 for a single kill.
- Loot: Super Mutants will now drop Gunpowder half as often, and the chance for additional loot has been reduced. Caps are guaranteed loot on Super Mutants until level 16.
- Scorchbeast Queen: Will now land on the ground more often.
- Workshops: Players no longer gain XP when crafting at a public Workshop.
C.A.M.P., CRAFTING, AND WORKSHOPS
NEW – Automatically remove obstructions in C.A.M.P.s:
- Rocks, small trees, and other small objects no longer prevent players from building items in those locations.
- These obstructions are now automatically removed upon constructing objects and structures in C.A.M.P., such as Foundations.
- Placing an object to remove an obstruction and then removing that object, will cause that obstruction to reappear after some time or upon logging back in.
NEW – C.A.M.P. placement improvements:
- A notification will now be displayed to players upon logging into a world if their current C.A.M.P. location is occupied by someone else.
- If they to choose remain in that world, they will be able to place their C.A.M.P. in a new location for free.
- Alternatively, if the player decides not to place their C.A.M.P. in a new location, and instead joins a new world, their C.A.M.P. will be automatically placed back in its original location—provdided that spot is unoccupied.
Additional C.A.M.P., Crafting, and Workshop updates:
- C.A.M.P.: The percentage of a C.A.M.P.’s Budget that is being taken up by stored items and Blueprints will now appear in the Budget bar.
- C.A.M.P.: While in build mode, players can now toggle the left joystick on controllers, or press “Q” on PC, to switch view between objects that can be built and those that cannot.
- Windmill: The power produced by the Windmill has been increased from 3 to 12.
- Workshops: Players can now purchase Atomic Shop items directly from the Workshop menu.
NEW – SPECIAL Re-speccing:
- Every time a player levels-up after level 50, they can now choose whether to unlock a new Perk Card or transfer one previously allocated SPECIAL point from one category to another.
- This change is not retroactive for characters that have already progressed beyond level 50 but will apply to every level-up they achieve going forward.
- If a player chooses to reallocate a SPECIAL point on leveling-up, they will be unable to select a new Perk Card for that level, and vice-versa.
- Re-speccing details have also been added to the “Perks” section of the in-game Help menu.
- Event Quests: A 15-minute cooldown timer has been added at the end of each Enclave Event Quest.
- Event Quests: XP reward amounts have been reduced for the following Event Quests:
- Fertile Soil, Collision Course, Tea Time, Guided Meditation, Distinguished Guests, Battle Bots, Line in the Sand, Protest March, Grafton Day, Patrol Duty, Jailbreak, Back on the Beat, and Feed the People.
- Additionally, the cooldown timer that begins after starting each of these Events has been increased from 48 minutes to 1 hour and 12 minutes.
NEW – Push-to-Talk Setting (PC):
- A Push-to-Talk setting has been added for Voice Chat, and is set to the Caps Lock key by default.
- The “Toggle Always Run” hotkey, which used to be set on Caps Lock, has been moved to the “/” key by default.
- Both the Caps Lock and “/” hotkeys can be rebound in the Controls Menu.
NEW – Depth of Field Setting (PC):
- A Depth of Field slider has been added and can be adjusted in the game’s display settings menu.
NEW – Field of View Setting (PC):
- A Field of View slider has been added and can be adjusted in the game’s display settings menu.
- The Field of View slider can be adjusted in increments of 5, to a maximum of 120, and a minimum of 70.
- Note: Field of View will be automatically set to 70 while modifying a character’s appearance but can otherwise be set between the values mentioned above.