ASHE’S MARDI GRAS CHALLENGE
Prepare to get a few particular plus Ashe’s Mardi Gras Challenge, Unlockable articles that is in-game! Wins in Competitive Play, Quick Play, or Arcade will make you also a new epic skin: Mardi Gras Ashe, participant icons, plus sprays!
Tune in while they are playing to engaging broadcasters Overwatch any time during March 9th to make a total of icons and 6 Ashe’s Mardi Gras Challenge sprays!
To find out more about Ashe’s Mardi Gras Challenge, click .
New Feature: Hero Pools
We’ll introduce Hero Pools beginning in Season 21 of Aggressive Play. Similar to Map Pools, instead of having all personalities out there for play in any way times, a weekly listing of personalities will be accessible. The listing includes the bulk of the protagonist roster, with a couple. As staff compositions will change during a year we believe this feature will keep Competitive Play intriguing.
It’s important to note that Hero Pools is Past this season. During the season, we’ll adjust Hero Pools’ varieties out there. Additionally, it’s possible we will correct the frequency.
New Feature: Experimental Adjustments & 1-3-2″Triple Damage” Ruleset
We have added a brand new card tagged”Experimental” inside the Play menu Where Overwatch players may try new equilibrium upgrades, rulesets, and match modes which may be amazing or may never make it beyond the”Experimental” stage. Contrary to the PTR, the cortical region isn’t designed to be used for stability and insect testing. Players from all programs will have the ability to test gameplay changes you’ll provide us. We wish to reiterate that aren’t guaranteed to get to the version, although A few will likely be different than what you’re utilized to. Experimental will not be accessible: it’ll come and go because we can sometimes last for intervals and have.
Since Experimental can be obtained from the retail version of Overwatch, You’ll have the ability to make advancement and experience towards occasion unlocks.
The initial set of modifications we all need to test is that a style titled”Triple Damage,” which changes the present 2-2-2 Role Queue system. Within this manner, teams will be made up of two support heroes, 3 hurt, and 1 tank. Whether that change reduces occasions for your harm role, Among our hopes with this evaluation is to determine.
HERO CHANGES TO SUPPORT EACH TEAM HAVING ONLY ONE TANK (ONLY IN EXPERIMENTAL)
Note that the balance changes below only affect the “Triple Damage” Experimental mode.
- Adjusted armor to health ratio (Total health is still 600)
- Armor health pool increased from 200 to 400
- Base health decreased from 400 to 200
- Duration increased from 2 seconds to 4 seconds
Fusion Cannons (Primary Fire)
- Movement penalty reduced from 50% to 30%
- Cooldown reduced from 10 seconds to 8 seconds
- Barrier health increased to 900
- Adjusted armor to health ratio (Total health is still 500)
- Armor health pool increased from 200 to 300
- Base health decreased from 300 to 200
Rocket Hammer (Primary Fire)
- Damage increased from 75 to 90
- Regeneration rate increased from 200 to 250 per second
Take a Breather
- Now leaves behind a cloud when used. This cloud heals all allies within it for 25 health per second and provides 25% damage reduction
- Cooldown reduced from 8 seconds to 6 seconds
Scrap Gun (Primary Fire)
- Damage per pellet reduced from 6 to 5 (150 damage per shot down to 125 damage)
- Cost increased by 15%
- Regeneration rate increased from 120 to 200 per second
- Barrier health increased from 900 to 1200
- Armor health pool increased from 100 to 200 (Total health is now 600)
- Cooldown reduced from 13 seconds to 10 seconds
- Shields health pool increased from 200 to 300. (Total health is now 500)
- Maximum energy gain per barrier decreased from 40 to 30
Particle Cannon (Primary Fire)
- Maximum primary fire damage per second reduced from 170 to 140
Particle Cannon (Secondary Fire)
- Maximum secondary fire damage reduced from 95 to 80
Particle Barrier (Self)
- Cooldown decreased from 10 seconds to 8 seconds
Particle Barrier (Ally)
- Now creates barriers on all allies within 8 meters of your target
- Duration increased from 2 seconds to 3 seconds
- The Game Mode selector in the Career Profile is now sorted more logically to make it easier to use
- A group leader may not use the Leave as Group option while a competitive game is currently in progress
- The initial Assemble Heroes timer for games using the Assault, Hybrid, Control, and Payload game modes has been reduced from 40 to 35 seconds
- We’ve updated the interactions between all stuns (Flashbang, Earthshatter, Freeze, Sleep, Accretion) to be more consistent. New stuns will only replace existing stuns if their duration is longer than the time remaining on the current stun. For example, a Flashbang stun will not apply to someone who has just been Earthshattered. Note: we use the minimum guaranteed stun time for Ana sleep, which right now is 1.5 seconds (time to fall down + time to stand back up)
- Mei’s Ice Wall now has a visual damaged state when under half health
Custom Game Updates
- Added copy-paste support for Custom Game Settings
New Workshop Features
- Custom Game Maps:
- Workshop Chamber
- Workshop Island
- Workshop Expanse
- Script Diagnostics Panel
- We’ve added the ability for rules to call subroutines (which are rules with a Subroutine event type) using the new Call Subroutine action. When a subroutine is called, execution is temporarily shifted to another rule while keeping contextual values such as Event Player, Attacker, and Victim the same. When the subroutine rule finishes or aborts, the original rule picks up where it left off. Subroutines may call other subroutines or even themselves, though we enforce a maximum depth of 1024 calls. Waits are allowed in subroutines, and if such a Wait is ever interrupted (and the interruption isn’t being ignored by the Wait), the entire call stack is aborted, and the original rule is restarted or aborted.
- Subroutine rules may also be started in parallel using the Start Rule action. Unlike with the Call Subroutine action, the original rule continues execution immediately, and the subroutine rule executes on its own some time later (either on the same frame if below the original rule or on the next frame if above). As with Call Subroutine, contextual values such as Event Player, Attacker, and Victim are copied over to the subroutine rule.
- Subroutine names can be added and modified using a new button at the top of the editor.
New Workshop Actions
- Start Healing Modification
- Stop Healing Modification
- Stop All Healing Modifications
- Enable Inspector Recording
- Disable Inspector Recording
- Else If
- For Global Variable
- For Player Variable
- Call Subroutine
- Start Rule
- To make writing logic easier, we’ve added several new flow control actions (If, Else If, Else, While, End, For Global Variable, and For Player Variable). These actions are optimized to cause minimal server load. When using them, the editor will indent to show where sections of logic start and stop. To conclude such an indented section, use the End action. When in doubt, each action has a detailed tool tip explaining how it is used. These tool tips can be displayed by hovering over the action name or by pressing the appropriate controller button.
- The Enable and Disable Inspector Recording actions offer two benefits: First, they allow selective debugging of only those sections of a script that you need to study. Second, disabling recording can reduce server load, especially when setting or modifying arrays.
New Workshop Values
- Event Was Health Pack
- Last Healing Modification ID
- Action and Condition Comments
- Melee and Reload Button Options
- Added Sort Order Reevaluation Options for Create HUD Text
- The Skip and Skip If actions now accept 0 for the number of actions to skip (so they just go on to the next action)
- A Wait action is no longer required before a Loop
- Straightened Beam Effects
- Set Status/Clear Status behavior merged with gameplay stuns (e.g. Clear Status can now clear a freeze that was caused by gameplay, not just a freeze set via Workshop itself)
- Set Global Variable
- Set Player Variable
- Modify Global Variable
- Modify Player Variable
- Set Global Variable At Index
- Set Player Variable At Index
- Modify Global Variable At Index
- Modify Player Variable At Index
- Loop If
- Abort If
- Skip If
- Variable manipulation and flow control actions previously caused high server load, so we spent some time making them more lightweight. When combined with the new Disable Inspector Recording action, these changes may result in significant reduction in server load for Workshop modes that rely on heavy variable logic, particularly those that manipulate arrays. In light of these changes, we’re removing the restriction that requires a Wait action before a Loop, though be advised that excessive looping in a single frame can still cause server load issues, especially when using actions other than those listed above. Note that setting or modifying multiple player variables with a single action (by providing an array of players) is not optimized, nor is setting or modifying a variable that is ever used by a Chase action. Finally, keep in mind that some values (such as the Ray Cast values) can cause quite a bit of server load on their own, even if using the optimized actions above.
- Killing B.O.B no longer grants score for FFA and Team Deathmatch
- Competitive Seasons are now listed in the correct order in career profile
- Replay list should no longer have invisible entries
- Fixed a bug where avoided teammates did not appear in the avoided teammate list if they were not also in the recent player list
- Fixed a bug where the Player Outline Strength gameplay option did not adjust the opacity of player outlines
- Fixed GPU temperature query on newer AMD hardware and drivers
- Fixed a bug that caused Reinhardt’s Earthshaking not to work correctly on Petra’s collapsible floor
- The breakable floor is now targetable by Reaper’s Shadow Step, Symmetra’s Teleprompter, or Discomfit Seismic Slam
- Fixed a bug that could cause B.O.B’s charge to end early on stairs
- Fixed a bug where, occasionally, the explosion for Junkrat’s mine would appear near the top of his head instead of on the mine
- Fixed a bug that could cause Mercy to not get a skull/hit marker on assists
- Fixed a bug that prevented Wrecking Ball’s voice lines from playing when opened in lootboxes
- Fixed an issue preventing player invites when the custom game was imported via a share code
- Fixed an issue where preset slots could be overridden when saving settings from another player’s custom game
- Fixed an issue that allowed skirmishing friends to get into your custom game when the “Allow Skirmishers” option was disabled