Epic was reluctant to release Fortnite patch notes because Chapter two began. Here are the patch notes with all the changes we know about.
For some reason, Epic seems to have an ax to grind with people who want to know. It was clear to hold the patch notes back for Fortnite Chapter 2 — they treated it like a new game — but they’ve done the same thing with the first upgrade of the season.
Fortnite v11.01 seems to primarily concentrate on Save the World. They included Fortnite Battle Royale for the Halloween occasion and a brand new questline together. It is possible to take a peek at these here.
We may not know all the changes which came without the Fortnite patch notes to the match, but we do know about XP adjustments and some bug fixes.
We covered the v11.01 bug fixes in an ‘Early patch notes’ article yesterday, basing it on the Fortnite Community Issues Trello board. Here are the confirmed bug fixes for v11.01:
- Gift wrap missing for gifted Battle Pass.
- Daily Punchcard remaining on-screen.
- Issues with “Get an elimination from 60m or further” Open Water Challenge.
- “Ready Up” button not appearing in Squads matches until entire party is eliminated.
- Unable to use swap-to item when character is backed up against camera.
There is still a long list of bug fixes that Epic is working on, and several of them will be coming with the next update – presumably next week.
Epic also overhauled the XP system in Fortnite. Chapter 2 changed how you level up through the Battle Pass, and many players complained about a lack of XP making it harder to grind through progression.
- Read More: Refillable bottles could be the next item Fortnite Chapter 2 needs
Fortunately, Epic was quick to respond to this issue and has buffed XP from all sources. @iFireMonkey on Twitter broke it down for a better understanding of what the new XP system looks like.